AFT Fathom 10
AFT Fathom is fluid dynamic simulation software for engineers, used to calculate pressure drop and flow distribution in liquid and low velocity gas piping and ducting systems.
- Accurately simulate individual system components and interaction
- Tightly integrates equipment characteristics, analysis and output with your system’s schematic representation
- Provides a wide array of features without sacrificing your need for a short learning curve
- Frees you to focus on your system, not the mechanics of software manipulation
- Significantly improves the quality of systems engineering you can achieve, leading to less costly, more efficient and more reliable piping systems
- Experiment with operating conditions and scenarios
- Easily change system input data, including valve positions, pump operation, control set points, pressures, temperatures and more
- Import piping layouts and dimensional data from GIS shapefiles, CAESAR II Neutral files and Piping Component Files (*.pcf) from AutoCAD Plant 3D, SmartPlant®, CADWorx® and others.
- EPANET import / export Excel integration
- Model a wide range of system components for both design and operational cases
- Vary your system line-up: open / close pipes and valves, turn pumps on or off, set control valves to fail position
- Specify alerts that automatically highlight output values that are out of range for flow, pressure, velocity, pump efficiency and more
- Select pumps from online manufacturer catalogs
- Compile catalogs of your frequently used piping components and select them from a drop-down list
- Address the viscosity and frictional changes associated with pumping non-settling slurries and a variety of other non- Newtonian fluids
- Calculate the cost of system pipes and components
- Clearly import Excel data into multiple scenarios and export with the Excel Export Manager.
- Pipe sizing
- Pump sizing and selection
- Control valve sizing and selection
- Simulating system operation and component interaction
- Evaluating heat transfer in pipes and heat exchangers
- Troubleshooting existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems
Modules can work individually or together within AFT Fathom and with your existing AFT Fathom models.