AFT Fathom 12
Significant New Features
to make modeling liquid and low-velocity gases more efficient.
The System Properties window, Solution Control, Add-on Modules activation, Cost Settings, etc. have been merged into one window called the Analysis Setup window.
Visually analyze alternatives with Multi-Scenario Graphing, comparing profile graphs from multiple scenarios on a single plot.
Easily review better organized critical warnings, warnings and cautions. Double-click warnings to be taken to the specific pipe/junction referenced in the warning.
The Library Manager (previously the Database Manager) has been completely revised and now offers a consolidated way to use and customize libraries of fluids, pipe materials, junctions, etc.
Other features to look forward to
Pipes can be modeled as zero-length connectors in order to represent a lossless connection between two junctions. This is useful for modeling two junctions that are directly flanged together.
Pump As Turbine
Model turbine losses and power recovery.
Shear Rheometer Data
Convert Shear Rheometer data for Power Law and Bingham Plastic viscosity models with a helpful visual guide
Herschel-Bulkley non-Newtonian viscosity model
A new non-Newtonian viscosity model has been added to model power law fluids which have an apparent yield stress. (Fathom 12 and Impulse 9 only)
Custom Unit Names
- Model component-to-component connections with the new Zero Length Connector pipe option
- Contextually update Junction Special Conditions directly from the toolbar
- Reset Pipes and Junctions as ‘Same as Parent Scenario’ during specification from the Workspace menu
- New Pump as Turbine (PAT) pump option to model turbine losses and power recovery
- Intuitively define submerged pumps using surface pressure and depth
- Spot concerns by reporting Warnings, Cautions and Design Alerts for each scenario in MultiScenario Output
- Save time with enhanced Output window data loading speed
AFT Fathom XTS Module
- Specify a valve transient as open percent vs. time
- Batch runs of multiple scenarios now report the number of Warnings and Design Alerts in each scenario
- Run batch runs “silently” in the background to minimize interruptions as each scenario completes
- Search for text in Pipe and Junction Notes, useful for component specifications or intended operating conditions
- Junctions which changed states during a run will be reported to the user, indicating check valve closures and control valve failures for example
- Consider Heat Transfer parameters in the context of the system from Visual Report