Important: As you get started, make sure you have your license details document which was emailed to your company. Don’t have one? Contact email@example.com
Getting Started Resources
Quick Start Guides
Resources in the Software
Tips & Tricks Blogs
If a proxy server is used for internet access, then proxy settings need to be configured for cloud-based eLicenses. The section Access Through a Proxy in the “eLicense Installation and User Guide” explains how to configure the eLicense for use with a Proxy.
There are two ways the software can be installed.
- Local Installation: installed directly onto a user’s computer as a standalone/client application
- Network Installation: installed on a network server as a network application
The local installation is the standard recommended installation type as it requires fewer steps to setup and is easier to troubleshoot.
The primary advantage of a network installation is as maintenance releases are available, only the software on the network server needs to be updated and this should automatically update the client computers.
Note: since network installations install the software onto the network server, users will have a shortcut setup on their computer and when the software is run, it will be running on the server itself. This ties up server resources and the software may not operate or respond as quickly as it would if the software was installed directly on users’ computers as a local installation.
AFT software can be installed on as many computers as desired. Standalone licenses can be easily transferred from computer to computer.
- For Cloud-based Standalone eLicenses: review the instructions for “Moving a Standalone eLicense” included in the "Deactivating an eLicense" section of the “eLicense Installation & User Guide”.
- For Green Standalone USB keys: Follow the Installation and Copy Protection Installation for a Green Standalone USB key in the “USB Installation & User Guide” on all computers. To move the license, unplug the green USB key from one computer and plug it into the next computer desired to use the software.
It is important to stay up to date with using the latest release of each AFT software product. Maintenance Releases are announced on a regular basis and will enhance the software functionality and fix any software issues that might have been found.
Many times when technical support issues are identified with the software, simply updating to the latest maintenance release will often fix the issue. Be sure to subscribe to receive notifications of when new maintenance releases are available.
Release notes are located on the download page for each product. They can also be found in the "readme" files included in the application folders.
These notes document what changes were made throughout the maintenance release history of a particular version of the software.
There are three types of categories in which changes are documented:
1) Changes to computation logic that could impact results
2) Changes to data management that could impact results
3) Changes that do not impact results
It is the engineer’s responsibility to determine the impact of maintenance releases on model results.
Click here for information about Archon Engineer’s Commercial Grade Dedication V&V packages as well as the specific maintenance releases that they have validated.