AFT Impulse 7
AFT Impulse is a powerful dynamic simulation and analysis tool used to calculate pressure surge transients in liquid piping systems caused by waterhammer.
- Easily model a wide range of system components and surge devices
- Understand the transient response of your system, knowing how valves, pumps and other components will dynamically interact with each other.
- Evaluate the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse by modeling vapor cavitation and liquid column separation.
- Validate the design of safety features to produce safer, more economical pipe systems.
Design and Operate Your System with Greater Safety and Reliability
- Avoid potentially catastrophic effects of waterhammer and other undesirable system transients
- Initiate transients based on time or events in the system
- Reduce surge magnitudes by slowing system changes such as valve closures or pump speed
- Minimize the adverse effects of surge by changing piping or equipment to reduce velocities
- Calculate transient unbalanced forces and define forces sets as location pairs or single points
- Specify alerts that automatically highlight output values that are out of range for flow, pressure or velocity
- Compile libraries of your frequently used piping components and quickly select them from a drop down list
- Customize and configure your workspace
- Ensure pressure extremes are within design allowables
- Size and locate surge suppression equipment
- Determine imbalanced pipe forces and sizing structural supports
- Troubleshoot existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems
- Evaluate the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse
Modules can work individually or together within AFT Impulse and with your existing AFT Impulse models.