AFT Impulse Demo
Allows engineers to determine the exact point of the waterhammer transient so you can prevent issues and proactively design your piping system
Why AFT Impulse?
- Evaluate how valves, pumps and other components will dynamically interact with each other during a surge event
- Quickly determine the forces generated by transient pressures to help you design your pipe support
- Find out if you complying with ASME B31.3 requirements for occasional loads
- Understand the impact that cavitation can have on your piping system
- Ensure you have the right surge suppression equipment to mitigate potentially catastrophic effects of waterhammer/surge and other undesirable system transients like check valve and relief valve chatter
- Use AFT's Global Editing feature to massively edit multiple pieces of information at the same time
- Use AFT's Scenario Manager to handle all the different cases a pipe system might encounter in a single model
- Jump start your models by importing your steady-state model, neutral files, piping component files, or EPANET files.
The demo is a working copy of the actual software with specific limitations.You can:
- Build and Run the Walk Thru Example Model
- Build a Model of Any Size with Fixed Resistances and Fluid Properties
- Load and Run Any of the Model Files from the Examples or Verification Folder Directories