USB Key Support & Copy Protection
AFT copy protection is for software users who use a USB key for their AFT software licenses. If you use an eLicense for your AFT software licenses, you do not need this copy protection file.
For Green Standalone USB Key Licenses:
AFT Copy Protection must be installed on every client computer which has the software installed that will be accessing the standalone license from a Green Standalone USB key.
For Red Network USB key Licenses:
AFT Copy Protection must be installed on a computer or server that will host the red network USB key and network license manager. Client computers will need to be able to see this machine over the network.
If the AFT Copy Protection for a red network USB key has already been installed on a computer or server, and the red network USB key is plugged in with the License Manager active, the client machine only needs the nethasp.ini file to exist in the AFT application folder (C:\AFT Products\AFT Application) to run.
Utilities and Network Information
With the HASPKeyFind.exe utility, you may view the licenses on your USB key and Key ID, and change the key to add licenses or upgrade to a new version using update files provided by AFT.
Occasionally the IP address of the network server where the HASP Licence Manager is running needs to be explicitly communicated to the clients. The file nethasp.ini can be modified to do this. See the instructions in the HASP USB KEY GUIDE For AFT Software for additional information.
Manual Key Setup
The following is a summary of the steps to manually install and use the USB key along with links to download the reference files:
- Install the USB driver HASPUserSetup.exe
- Copy hasp_com_windows.dll to the SysWOW64 folder and register it using RegSvr32.exe
- Copy hasp_windows_68889.dll to the SysWOW64 folder
- Copy HASPKeyFind.exe to the application folder
- (optional) Install DiagnostiX (aksdiag32.exe)
- (optional) Copy afthasprus.exe to the application folder
- (network only required) Install the License Manager (lmsetup.exe)
- (network optional) Install the License Monitor (aksmon32.exe)
- (optional) Copy the USB key guide (HASP_USB_KEY_GUIDE.pdf)
- (optional) Modify the control.aft file with "ProtectionType = 4"
- (optional) Copy custom.dll to where DiagnostiX is installed