COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO, USA – May 2018 – Behind each AFT Fathom model is a real person, a real company and a real problem that at one point needed solving. And that's exactly what customers have done with the help of AFT Fathom for almost 25 years - they solve fluid flow problems.
With international recognition as the leading software to design, analyze, and solve piping system problems, Applied Flow Technology (AFT) has announced the release of a significant upgrade to AFT Fathom with version 10.
Trey Walters, P.E., President of Applied Flow Technology says, “AFT’s reputation for technical depth is now accompanied by our ability to integrate more than ever with Excel, GIS Shapefiles, CAESAR II, EPANet, ROHR2, AutoCAD Plant 3D, SmartPlant, PDS and CADWorx as well as utilize 2D or isometric pipe model viewing. These factors add a level of ability to not only efficiently model and analyze a system, but to present it to others in a cohesive fashion.”
New features include:
- Import piping layouts from CAESAR II® Neutral files
- Import Piping Component Files(*.pcf). from SmartPlant®, CADWorx® and AutoCAD Plant 3D, and others.
- EPANET import / export
- Enhanced Excel integration including the new Excel Export Manager
- Utilize 2D or isometric user interface
- Delineated input for rotodynamic (centrifugal) and positive displacement pump data
- Automatically determine the acceleration head in positive displacement pump suction piping to prevent cavitation and performance issues
- Enhanced heat transfer including external convection coefficient calculation, buried pipe heat transfer, and heat tracing
About AFT Fathom
AFT Fathom is fluid dynamic simulation software used by engineers around the world to calculate pressure drop and flow distribution in liquid and low velocity gas piping and ducting systems.
Simply put, AFT Fathom helps engineers understand their piping system and predict how pipes, valves, pumps and other components interact with each other. It allows them to easily model, analyze and simulate their systems in order to evaluate the performance of new designs and assure all design requirements are met.
AFT Fathom truly helps engineers accurately select and size components, so they can produce less costly and more reliable piping systems. The software’s output data will even summarize the codes and standards used within the model.
AFT’s extensive portfolio of customers includes a majority of leading international companies and engineers. From theme parks to aerospace, and refineries to power generation, AFT Fathom has been used to identify solutions and create proactive designs within the worlds most advanced piping and ducting systems.