AFT Arrow 9
Significant New Features
AFT Arrow 9 incorporates over twenty new features
to make modeling gases and steam more efficient.
The System Properties window, Solution Control, Add-on Modules activation, Cost Settings, etc. have been merged into one window called the Analysis Setup window.
Visually analyze alternatives with Multi-Scenario Graphing, comparing profile graphs from multiple scenarios on a single plot.
Easily review better organized critical warnings, warnings and cautions. Double-click warnings to be taken to the specific pipe/junction referenced in the warning.
The Library Manager (previously the Database Manager) has been completely revised and now offers a consolidated way to use and customize libraries of fluids, pipe materials, junctions, etc.
Extended Time Simulation (XTS) Add-on Module
- Model transient events such as:
- tank filling and blowdown
- changes in valve position
- changes to compressor operating condition
- Animate transient output, visualizing how parameters change over time at a point or along a flow path
Other features to look forward to
Pipes can be modeled as zero-length connectors in order to represent a lossless connection between two junctions. This is useful for modeling two junctions that are directly flanged together.
Custom Unit Names
Equations of State
Apply the Soave-Redlich-Kwong and the Peng-Robinson equations of state as additional methods to model your fluid
Online Help System
Use the NEW online Help System for centralized documentation and examples from your browser
- Contextually update Junction Special Conditions directly from the toolbar
- Reset Pipes and Junctions as ‘Same as Parent Scenario’ during specification from the Workspace menu
- Design Alerts are grouped together on their own tab in the General Output section for easy identification
- Spot concerns by reporting Warnings, Cautions and Design Alerts for each scenario in Multi-Scenario Output
- Save time with enhanced Output window data loading speed
- Batch runs of multiple scenarios now report the number of Warnings and Design Alerts in each scenario
- Run batch runs “silently” in the background to minimize interruptions as each scenario completes
- Search for text in Pipe and Junction Notes, useful for component specifications or intended operating conditions