AFT xStream™ 2
Steam & Gas Transient Analysis Software
AFT xStream is a powerful fluid dynamic simulation tool for high-speed, acoustic transients that occur in steam and gas piping systems. Uncertainty in design and operations costs money and time. Now you can accurately simulate how your steam and gas systems will respond to potentially disruptive transient events.
Simulate and Solve Your Challenging Steam and Gas Transient Problems
- Accurately simulate high-speed transients in steam and gas piping systems including choked flow conditions
- Evaluate overall system response and transient pipe forces after steam and gas turbine trips
- Predict transient supply pressures, temperatures and flows to operating gas compressors and turbines when one trips offline
- Simulate tank blowdowns and charging, and how long it takes to reach desired pressures
- Predict transient pressures and flows due to heat exchanger tube ruptures
- Easily change system input data including transient valve positions, compressor operation, control set points, pressures, temperatures and more
- Initiate transients based on time or events in the system
- Ensure pressure, temperature and flow extremes are within design allowables
- Determine imbalanced pipe forces for sizing structural supports
- Troubleshoot existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems
AFT xStream Add-On Module
complete projects. Modules work within your existing AFT xStream models.