Nuclear Verification and Validation
For AFT Fathom, Fathom GSC Module, and Fathom XTS Module
In cooperation with Applied Flow Technology, Archon Engineering has developed a Nuclear Verification and Validation package to enable the use of AFT Fathom software in safety related applications in the nuclear industry. The package assists with the performance of a Commercial Grade Dedication process.
The Nuclear V&V package was developed under Archon's 10CFR50 Appendix B, and ASME NQA-1, 1994 quality assurance program allowing Archon to provide this package via a nuclear safety related purchase order to nuclear clients.
The V&V report will assure the accuracy of:
- Fathom's database file for:
- Flow and pressure calculations, using Fathom's pipe and junction features (Each junction type will be checked against manual calculations for the different user options provided by Fathom.)
- Steam and water properties (density, viscosity, vapor pressure)
- Pipe sizes (diameters, thickness)
- Pipe roughness
- Fitting loss data
- Heat transfer (fluid and pipe wall temperatures, heat rate, heat flux, etc.) calculations from user supplied thermo-physical data (i.e. thermal conductivity of pipe and insulation data, etc.)
- GSC module results for the goal and variable options provided by Fathom (optional for GSC module only)
- XTS module results for the time triggering scenarios provided by Fathom (optional for XTS module only)
- Any limitations of the software identified as a result of the V&V
- The link below is to the most recent AFT Fathom release that has been verified and validated.
- The latest validated release will not necessarily be the most recent general release of AFT Fathom.
- It is for the AFT Fathom software only - the Commercial Grade Dedication V&V package must be purchased directly from Archon Engineering.
AFT Fathom 8 V&V (2013.02.02) (69.86 MB)
AFT Fathom 7.0 (2012.01.06) (28.4 MB)
AFT Fathom 7.0 (2011.07.06) (28.4 MB)